Friday, August 31, 2007

Ok, Ok, Ok






I'll keep blogging! But y'all have to keep commenting!

What's new? Um, nothing! Just kidding, so much, but nothing really interesting. I am babysitting again, decided to do that instead of going back into the demands of esthetics, so I can stay home with Sarah. So I have a one year old little girl, who is too adorable for words, adn then about and hour a day I have the little guy I had last year and his sister, but once school starts it will just be him sparatically. Or however you spell it. Next week I have another little guy who is 3 starting full days, and a nine month old girl coming to interview for sporatic time. I had another call today, but it will be 2 weekends a month, and I think I want my weekends to myself! I am going to be going crazy enough as it is as Sarah starts preschool on the 13th and is going to gymnastics this year. With that and playgroup, I think I will not be bored!

Dave has been busy. He likes his new job, and so far has only been away from home for one week, so that is good. He bought Blair Stoupe's old truck, and all I can say is "sigh". Anybody know a man who likes to scrapbook? At least I could understand the CRAP he would buy! Dave also got some new pipes for his skidoo, adn he is itching to try them. He keeps getting lost in thought and when I ask him what he is thinking about he says "I am trying to think of a patch of grass big enough for me to run my skidoo on". Sigh again. Greg is coming this weekend. He, Dave and Scruffy, (Gregs uncle) have been fixing up Scruffy's quad. Greg took it to somewhere it shouldn't go, and now he has to help fix it. Then he is back to The Pas for school. He had a good summer in SL.

Last weekend I went to Simonhouse Bible Camp for my friend Sara-Lynne Foord's wedding. ALl I can say is it was AMAZING, and I was so happy to go back to camp. I really feel a deep need to reconnect myself with my spiritual side again. I really am glad I got the chance to go back to camp, because it makes me remember all of the wonderful "things" (for lack of a better word) that happened inside of me while I was involved in the Youth Group and going to Simonhouse. While I was there I really wanted to say a special Thank You to Kari Pulkinan who was such a mentor and a quiet sense of hopefullness in my life back then. But I couldn't bring myself to say what I was feeling to him, and I don't know why. But I did come out with a renewed sense of purpose for taking Sarah to church, and giving her the opportunity to experience God and all of the greatness and security that comes from having Him in your life. I have been debating going to the Christian Centre church, where Ted Goosen is pastor here, but I really do like the United church and the people in it here, especially Reverend Leslie, so I think I will keep going there. And I vow not to worry about Sarah if she's unsettled and wants to run around and just be a kid. I know it is not something we will be doing as a family, as I know Dave doesn't want to go, and that's fine, but he doesn't mind if I take her.

ANyway, back to Sara-Lynne and Dave's wedding. Sara-Lynne saw the pics I did of Tammy's wedding last year and asked me to do the pics for her wedding, so I agreed. With a setting like Simonhouse, I was so insired. I could have spent a week takig pics. I feel very good about the pics I took, but I guess when you take 1200 pics, you are bound to get one or two good ones! I will post some after I get permission from Sara-Lynne and Dave.


Well, this is getting pretty long, I will try to attach some pics, of Sarah of course. I got her a princess dress at a garage sale and it's been saving me on laundry b/c she wears it so much.

4 comments:

Boo said...

I hope your friend lets you share some of her wedding photos. I'd love to see them!!

Gosh Sarah is so darn cute! Love the princess dress! Congrats on the training! Way to go Sarah!!!!!

I'm happy you will keep up with your blog. :o)

Crystal's blog said...

I didn't realize you did the pics for Sara_Lynne's wedding. They were awesome!!!! You also did a great job on Tammy's wedding pics. Now that I have a better camera I should get some better pics. My zoo ones were not too bad now that I have a ZOOM!!! LOL

Crystal's blog said...

yes do keep up with the blog... if I don't check everyone's blog everyday, then it's for sure every second day.... unless I am out of town which is a rare occurance. LOL!!!

Michelle said...

I too am glad you've decided to keep blogging! I looked at all the pictures before I read this post so I'll comment on those too and all I can say is AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :o) She is soooo cute and getting sooo big! Good for her too for being potty trained! You better let buy some big girl panties! My kids loved being able to choose their own "kind"!!

Congrats on your new "job" too! I like being able to stay at home too and when you can do it and make a few extra bucks...bonus! I've started cleaning houses (my moms and a couple of her coworkers) and I can take Brooklyn while Alyssa's in school so that's nice!

I'm glad too that you've reconnected with your spiritual side! I've only been to Simonhouse a couple times and loved it! I think it's great that you're taking Sarah to church too! My kids LOVE Sunday School...hopefully you get a chance to take her to that! If your stuck on how to tell Kari how you feel and how's he's encouraged you, maybe write him a letter! This way if your uncomfortable with face-to-face, he'll still know how you feel!!! Just a thought!