Monday, February 18, 2008

6 months in

Well, I've hit the 6 months point. And I am as big now as I was when I was 8 months pregnant with Sarah. I feel so huge. This baby also likes to tighten all the muscles in my abdonmen and not let go til he feels like it. (I say he because that's what I think. They wouldn't tell me at my Ultrasound. I can't believe I am going to have to go thru this whole pregnancy not knowing what I am having. It's seriously stressing me out) He did this to me last week when I fell down my friends stairs. They were carpeted and I didn't know the rail wasn't attatched at the bottom, making the rail very wobbly. I went downstairs to check on Sarah, and fell down about 5 stairs. At first I felt ok, just a tight stomach, but after I went home and I still couldn't get a good breath, I called the midwife and she told me to go in to the hospital to be checked. They put the belly belt on me, and not long after the baby "eased off' and I could get a good breath again. By the time the midwife got there I felt much better. The funny thing is I have been being very careful in this pregnancy with stairs, I make Dave carry anything heavy (laundry, vaccum cleaner) up and down for me.

I turned 29 on February 7th. Almost to the big 3-0. I thought it would bother me, but it doesn't. Not yet anyway. LOL. Mom had been in, and she bought me the outfit I am wearing in these pictures from her and Dad, I got some cards from family and friends, flowers from Milka and Obrad, and some money from D'Arcy and Gladys, which I spent on some new shirts. I really wanted a Clip it up (a scrapbooking embellishment holder-see my next post) to organize and maximize my scrapbook embelishments. We shopped around and were able to find a really good deal on one from an ebay store. I wanted both the upper and lower segments, and the cover, because of the ash from the woodstove. I also got extra clips, which I didn't think I was going to need, but boy was I wrong! It took a couple of weeks to get here, they sent it to the wrong adress the first time, but I am so happy now that I do have it. Also, it arrived on the same day as a surprise parcel from an online friend from Love is in the Details, the online scrap store and forum that I go to. She sent me two lines form a Canadian manufacturer that I have been wanting since I saw a LO that she did with one of them. I was soo surprised and excited. That's quite an RAK!

Anyway, you are probably thinking, is this all about you Shanna?? I mean, don't you have a husband and child you could talk about?? Yes, of course I do. They were very sweet on my birthday (I know-here we go with me me me again). They went to Safeway and Sarah picked out a cake for me. There is a pic in this post-guess who got the princess rings off of it?? hee hee.

Sarah has been doing well potty training. Very well, I am so happy, I hope she keeps it up this time. We have started trying to night train, and anyone that can give advice, please do. She doesn't wake up much at all in the night; most nights, not at all. I am thinking she is going to have my bedwetting problem from when I was a kid. The potty is right in her room, (because of the stairs) so we'll see. It's hard to know how to get her to wake up when she has to go. It's almost like it has to come naturally. We have been waking her up, but I am not sure that's the way to go either, then she goes when you wake her, not when her body wakes her, KWIM??

We haven't been doing much except going to Playgroup. It's been so cold, even for the pool. We went once. We did some of the indoor activities at Winterfest, but it was -50 that weekend, too cold for outside activities. It's put quite a damper on Dave's snowmobiling too. He doens't like to go when it's -45 outside, and I am glad. I would worry about him even more than I do when the weather is milder. So he didn't go at all for along time, but he went yesterday and the day before, and he had fun. He has a hard time getting someone to go with here. They all back out at the last minute, or something comes up. So hopefully the weather continues to get better so he can go.

We have pretty much decided to change the heating system in our house. Right now we have basebaord heat, which does nothing to heat the house, so we put the woodstove back in. It's nice heat, but it's so messy. The ash is driving me crazy, especially since this is my scrapbook room. And we have had a hard time getting wood. We have been incredibly lucky, as Dad bought a woodstove off of somebody in Snow Lake, and it came with wood, and since Dad isn't using the one he bought this year, we have had free wood. I don't complain about the woodstove, but I hope we can make it work to get forced air or something.

Sarah used to play really well by herself. I mean, she could go into her toyroom and not come out for 4 hours. I don't know if it's that she is realizing that things are going to be different when the baby gets here, but the last week she wants constant attention. She wants me to play with ehr all day. There is not even 5 mins that she can seem to play by herslef right now. I try to play with her as much as I can, but I can't play all day. And I feel so guilty, because I know it's going to get worse once the baby gets here too. I would like to find someone with a girl around the same age that we could do playdates, but I have a hard time "putting myself out there" and actually inviting someone over. It's something I am trying to work on.
Anyway, this is tiring me, so I can imagine how boring it is for you to read. LOL-our lives are not exciting, but we are happy with it, and I know some of you like reading it, since you ask me to update. Now if those who ask me to update would just blog yourselves.....LOL wink wink nudge nudge.

Be warm, and let's all pray for warmer weather. I'm not allowed to ask for spring, since Dave hasn't got much mileage on his machine yet, but milder weather would suit us all here.
Later

No comments: