It's been quiet around here. Nothing much going on. Waiting patiently for the weather to warm up. It was so cold last week. Dave worked 6 night shifts, his first in almost a year, then left the next night for Selkirk with a friend of his whose son rides semi-pro Snowcross, so Dave finally got to go on a trip to the races. And he got to see it all from the inside, so I was excited for him. He called on Friday to say he was thinking about entering in the mechanics class, which is supposed to be completely amateurs. He wasn't sure he was going to, but it's his big dream to ride in one of those races so I was trying to get him to go. I was scared he would get hurt, b/c a lot of injuries happen at these things, but it was his big chance. By Sunday when the races rolled around though there had been 10 guys taken out in ambulances and they were saying the track wasn't the safest, so he didn't go. He also found out that the same 8 mechanics have been riding against each other all year, so they all had a lot of experience. SO those were his reasons. He didn't go. Maybe next time. I wanted him to go, but I really didn't want him to have another skidoo land on him or something. It happens, and it's scary. Maybe next time he can go.
Sarah and I had a really quiet week while he was nights, and Playgroup was cancelled last week, so we were both going a little stir crazy. It was Winter Whoot in Snow Lake, but I really didn't feel like packing us both up and the dogs and driving there by myself. I also didn't feel like sitting at home all weekend either, so we attempted it. Of course, when we went to library program at 2 on Friday it was not too bad outside, and when we come out an hour later it was blowing snow like crazy. So I tried to tell her we couldn't go, and I tried to turn around at Paint Lake, but she was looking so forward to going that I kept going, but it was a pretty rough trip from TH to Wabowden. It doesn't help that Jigger gets so wound up b/c he is actually going somewhere that he gets in the way and makes it hard to concentrate.
But we made it to Snow Lake, and went to the family social, which wasn't a dance like I thought it was, but she had fun. She won a lot of prizes and we went home that night with 2 grocery bags and 2 big bags of stuff. Saturday we went to the tea with Mom and D'arcy, and Mom won a cake, Sarah won a cake and D'arcy won a easter basket with chocolate and a stuffed animal. I won the door prize, so we went home with our arms full again. From there we went to the Second Glance, adnit was fill-a-bag for $5, so I did! LOL After we went to Andrew and Jennifers and visited, and the kids played. After supper we went to D'arcy adn Gladys', and then I crusied til Sarah fell asleep. IT had been a big day.
Sunday we didn't make it to the Pancake Breakfast, but we went to the Hall to all of the activities there. Sarah had a blast again, and we won 2 cakes. She wasn't scared of the owl this year, and she loved the bouncy house. She didn't want to leave, but we had to ge ton the road before it got dark to drive in. Thankfully the clock change the night before bought us some time. I was so exhasuted when we got home, I had a bath and went to bed at 9 too, altough she didn't go to sleep til 10. I wasn't feeling very good. Dave got home around 1, and he had to go Dayshift today, which meant he was up at 4:45. He called from work, he's tired today. I expected him to be though.
I am getting the laundry done today, which is more than I expected to get done today! LOL, I knew it would take me a few days to recover from the hectic weekend. BUt I feel pretty good today.
I thought it would seem like the third trimester would go fast, but so far it seems to be dragging. I still have 2.5 months to go. I feel so huge, and I know I'm going to get bigger. ANd it is still really upsetting me that I don't know the sex of my baby. People keep asking me why I need to know. Why not? The Ultrasound tech knew, it's my baby, it's not fair that she gets to know and I don't. I just want to know, right now. I think I found it easier to bond with Sarah once I knew that she was a girl. And if it turned out they were wrong, then you get a surprise, but it is causing me a lot of anxiety not to know. I ahve had people suggest that I fake something going wrong so I can get another Ultrasound, but I know how short they are on tech's, and how hard it was for me to get in when I needed one to know that my baby was healthy, so I just can't do it. Somebody might legitametally need that spot. It really bothers me though b/c it sounds like I am the only person that they wouldn't tell. They ahve been telling people since.
Anyway, I am trying to deal with that. ANd trying to get comfortable at night. I get enough sleep most days though, and my girl is really good if I need a nap. She has been such a good kid from day 1, and I know life is about to change drastically with having 2 kids. I see how much more work 2 kids are with other Mom's and I pray that I have the strength to do it. They say if you have a good baby the first time, don't have another one.
Sarah is growing up so much. Even in the last 2 weeks, I am seeing more of a girl in her than a baby. She is expanding her vocabulary at an amazing pace, adn she has always talked and commmunicated really well. And she can do so amny new things on her own, that I didn't even teach her. Like putting on her own boots and coat, and she gets dressed by herslef a lot better. So that is a good sign I guess. She has gotten a few inches taller too, I swear, and looks like a little girl a lot more. And she certainly has ideas of her own! She doesn't want help with most things these days, and usually the only way I know if she has to go to the bathroom is that she's already in there nad I can't find her. The only thing she is not doing is night training, but I have decided not to push it. I struggled til I was 14, and she's only 3. I will give it time.
That's our whole lot of nothing, I am going to go try to scrapbook now. I jsut can't seem to get started lately, so I think a good clean up is in order. Maybe that will help. I haven't really bought anything new lately, just using up my stash all winter, so I think that that is starting to block me too. After skidoo season is over, the CHA spring releases should be coming out and I should be able to get a few things! LOL
Happy day!
4 comments:
Ah Shanna, you'll see that your 3rd trimester will be over before you know it. It may seem longer because it's winter and you may be cooped up in the house a little more.
Of course, you'll be able to handle two! Remember, we are given what we can handle/deal with. It may take some getting used to, but it all works out. Trust me!
Don't go by that saying "if your 1st one is good, your 2nd one won't be". That's not true.
I'll be waiting for more belly pictures beautiful pregnant woman! ;o)
Hugs!
That sucks that they won't tell you especially if they know. I do want to see more bleey picutres tho!!
I wanted to know so badly when I was pregnant with Isaiah. Yet some how I knew he was a boy. God told me. I think with my next I would like to know.
With both my girls, they told me they couldn't tell, boy or girl. With Ainsley, I just took it to mean it was probably another girl.
As for two, I was so scared to have another baby (it was not what you would call planned!) but it wasn't nearly as bad as I had it worked out in my head. It definately wasn't easy in the first few months. It's probably only in the last few months (since Ainsley's been walking) that I really love it. It's been an adventure. They really are different in many ways, but I wouldn't consider either of them really hard babies. You don't want them to be too much the same in any case. Good Luck with the rest of your pregnancy. Lookin' Good
Post a Comment