Monday, October 27, 2008

Too Much

Honestly, it's not that I don't sit at the computer enough to update the blog. I sit and look at pointless stuff, searching for things to look at on my favorite sites. So why don't I blog if it's not lack of time? It's that there is sooo much to say. And none of it is particularily interesting. At least I think so because by the time I get it onto the blog, it's old news to me, even though y'all might not know about it. LOL!

Anyway, long story short...yeah right. Summer was good, far as I can remember now. We had a great trip to Dauphin to visit Dave's Grandma, Kathleen and her family, and Rob and his family were there for part, and D'Arcy and Gladys. We wish Greg could have come too, then it would have been all together. The girls and I spent some time in Snow Lake, Dave came for one day and we celebrated D'Arcy's retirement from HBMS. We had a great visit with Brandi and her girls. I wish they lived closer, Sarah had so much fun with Savannah and Brooke. We spent some time at the cabin at South End of Wekusko Lake. I wish I would not have been so adament NOT to buy the cabin next to my parents when it was for sale for cheap. Now with the kids, I would have loved to be spending time there while they were young and want to go. It's so relaxing, exactly what Dave needs. WE did some quading, Dave and I and we love it. It's something that we can do together that we both enjoy. Of course, this means that Dave wants to go out today and buy two quads, but I am refusing until other things are more settled... more about this to come.
I was hoping to get Sarah into preschool this fall, but she is #3 on the waiting list. Here it is now almost November and she still hasn't got a spot. I didn't put her in gynmastics, and I signed her up for swimming lessons, but postponed it because we were supposed to go to Winnipeg then we didn't go. But we got to Playgroups when we can. We have been very sick since Thanksgiving. The girls and I went to Snow Lake mostly to have our last visit with Andrew and his family. They are going back to Nova Scotia tommorow. It's been hard for Sarah, and I think it will be even harder the first time we go to Snow Lake and they are not there. Sarah and Andrew's middle daughter Abby are very close. But I am glad that they got to meet, and become such good friends.
Anyway, I got sick on Monday, stomach flu. We came home on Tuesday and for almost two weeks we seemed to pass it around. Amazingly Dave stayed the healthiest. Then yesterday at a Halloween party Sarah threw up again, and threw up until 4 this morning, 2-3 times an hour. Poor little girl. She' doing ok today, but my guts have been rolling for a couple of days now. We did have a nice weekend with David and his girlfriend Vicki. He's been seeing her for a few months and we really like her. They went to Toronto at Thanksgiving to meet her family.
I was supposed to be taking care of my friend Caroline's older two boys for her while she and her husband and the younger boy went to Winnipeg, but with Sarah sick and me feeling like it's coming on again, or that it never really went away, I had to back out. I felt very badly, I really wanted to help her out, but I am starting to think we are enver going to get rid of this all winter. We need to have time to rest and recover.
We were supposed to go to Winnipeg last week, Dave even had days off. He is looking for a job there. The mining indusrty, especially Vale Inco, is really starting to get him down. He wants to look at some places that make loaders and stuff instead of the mining end of it. He loved his job at Toromont, it was the hours that made him got back to Inco. And we are not sure we want to stay in Thompson forever, so we are looking at our options. I am trying not to be very excited that we are for sure going, he has to find the right job first.
There will be a few things that will be hard to leave behind in Thompson. Like my DESIGN TEAM spot at Magical Memories!!!!!!!!! That's right, I did get that Design Team spot and it's been great. I love it, we get together every couple of weeks, I have made a few projects and helped out at the crop! If you go here: www.magicalmemories-manitoba.com and click on Design Team, then my picture, you can see what I have done so far.
My Mom's groups will be hard to leave behind too. I feel like I am just now starting to form the really meaningful friendships that will be hard to leave behind. But like my friend Caroline said "It's not like we never go to Winnipeg".
And lastly, our great neighbors. But he is retiring in the Spring and they are looking for places in Winnipeg! It will be very hard to leave this house too, because I do like it, but last summer I would have said I LOVE it. I have come to realize a home is what you make it and that we will hopefully find a home we love elsewhere if that is in our cards. I was happy in my trailer too. We have done a lot of renos to the house this summer. D'Arcy came for a week and helped us out this summer. It was amazing, we would never have gotten it done on our own.
So right now, until we get to Winnipeg and check out this one specific job, and look at a few other options, I feel a little like we are living in limbo. Nothing is for certain right now. It's not bothering me, just making me think more if that makes any sense. I am pretty sure we won't move til Spring, but if the right offer comes along....
The girls are growing fast, as kids tend to do. Sarah will be 4 in a couple of weeks. She is so smart that I have had trouble remembering she is 3 for about 6 months now. She's enthusiastic and happy. Loves to sing and dance, and all things Princess. She also loves her quad.
Jessa is a different child. Sarah has always been bright and happy. Jessa's more...reserved. She is jsut getting out of liking ONLY Mommy. She lights up now when Dave comes home where she used to cry if her took her. She likes to be held most of the time, but she's getting better now that she can sit and she is VERY close to crawling. If she's down on the floor she gets around no problem. Right now she is very determinedly trying to type this message for me! LOL Last night she slept in her crib for the first time. Mostly my fault, she liked to sleep with me, in my arms. It was just easier, but now she's gonna get used to her crib. She'll be 6 months on the 8th.
Greg is 18, still in The Pas. He works at a snowmobile dealership, and he likes it. He has a girlfriend, we haven't met her yet. He started Grade 12 this year. I will admit I kinda went "Oh..yeah!" at the beginning of the year. It's like suddenly I realized this will be the last year. He has struggled with school in the past adn I will be honest and say it never occured to me it would end. And he has come thru his courses without having to make any up, I believe. I really believe he is gonna do this! This is his LAST year of school. He has done so well, coming as far as he has. I am very proud of him.
Anyway, that's all for now. We are just here trying to recover. I will try to blog more often. Really, facebook is so much easier to load pictures to, so if ya wanna see some and are not on Facebook, respond here and I'll email them to you. It just takes to long with blogger and I like to put lots!

2 comments:

Boo said...

phew... I read through all that. LOL

It's nice to get an update. I was wondering what was going on. I hope Dave is able to find something in Winnipeg. Things at Inco are really not what it used to be since the new owners took over. I know in Sudbury, they are having a hard time with the company lately. That is so sad! It was a good company before.

I hope you all start feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

You wrote alot but it was nice of you to finally fill us in!! Hope you all get better, I also hope that Sarah gets into playschool and enjoys swimming lessons.Hope dave finds a place he should be!!!Say hi to everybody and Jessa is definetly getting big.

Hope to talk to you and see you soon!!!!