Thursday, November 13, 2008

News??

Well, Dave has had a job offer from SMS Contractors in Winnipeg fixing Komatsu equipment. We were waiting for the offer because they were trying to get a pay increase for their guys to bring them up to a more competitive wage. After seeing the offer, it's apparent they didn't get it. So it's a little more of a paycut than I would like to see us take. I'm not saying we won't, but we now need to go to the bank, and see if it's going to be worth it to go. It wouldn't be such a big deal if Dave hadn't just got over $2 raise in the contract in September. But what SMS was trying to get would have been the rate he was getting before that raise, and I was prepared to take that. (clear as mud?) But the rate the way it is at SMS is a few of dollars less than that.
We are trying to get the house ready to sell. I am trying to be patient with Dave, I know this is not his territory. But it needs to get done. I can't even imagine where would be at in the house if D'Arcy hadn't some and helped us. I think my Dad is coming for a few days next week to help. We need it. We are still going to list the house, and try to negotiate with SMS about the job, I just don't feel as confidant about it now. I have to keep telling myself if we can get what we are asking for the house, we'll be set anyway. And it's not like it's not enough money to live on. I feel very greedy when I think of this. Many people live with a lot less. It's good money for the city. It would hopefully be a job Dave loves, and we would all be together and close enough to family to get home if or when we want or have to. Dave could be making double what he is making now but we'd have to live either apart or far from "home", meaning Snow Lake. I may not want to live there but I don't want to go that far. And I don't want Dave in a camp. I guess I just want for him to make enough to pay for a nice place on a nice property, like he wants. He wants to buy a house we don't have to fix, and I can't blame him. Why am I disappointed? I am a person who believes in signs and I wonder if this is a sign we shouldn't do this? I will wait for more signs.

No comments: