Wow, it's been busy, and it's going to get busier! We went to Winnipeg for my CT scan appointment last week. We left Sunday night, Monday we did Polo Park, Palatial (my fav restaurant), and a walk in the park at the forks. Tuesday we did the zoo, bought new flooring, Garwood Grill, Zellers, then I met for coffee with some of the girls from LIITD! It was so great to meet people that I felt like I know, but have never seen in real life. Dave was considering applying at Caterpillar in the city, adn I was thinking I could become an MCer! Dave would not be happy in the city though. We had a nice visit, and someday I am hoping I get to actually scrapbook with them.
Wednesday I went to Don's Photo to order our wedding pictures so I can actually put something on my wall and make a scrapbook. It's only 5 years later! Then we met Sara-Lynne (a friend from Snow Lake) and her fiance Dave for lunch. It was great to catch up adn I am looking forward to Sara-Lynne being back in the north. Also, I am doing the pictures at their wedding, so it was nice to see them together as a couple and get a feel for how they are together. After lunch I went back to Don's to do some more research on which camera I want to buy. I think I have settled on the Canon S3. They are coming out with an S5, but I think the S3 will be enough for me for now. Now just to wait to be able to afford it! LOL. Then it was time for my CT scan. It worked out best for me to go by myself, adn teh guys (Dave and Rocky, with Sarah of course) would pick me up after. Now, I hate IV's, so this was very hard for me. I cried and had trouble breathing while they were putting the IV in, and while I was sitting there waiting for my turn. It's completely psycological, but I hate them putting anything into my body. Then, jsut before my turn, a very old man with about 100 different things hanging off of him and the bed was wheeled into the CT room, adn I realized that I am healthy, adn that I was really lucky to be having this done, adn that if there was anything wrong with my brain, they would find it before it got out of hand. That helped to make me calm. I will find out the results in time I guess, but they didn't rush me into surgery or anything so I guess I must be ok! Wednesday night we visited my friend Denise. Her husband Dave and her oldest son Ryan were both at work, but we got to see the rest of the family. Sarah decided she couldn't bother to stop long enough to go to the bathroom so she peed ehrself about 5 times that night, and ppoped her pants once. Two of these incedents were in Salsbury House! SO that was an adventure. She came home with a new dress-a hand me down from Aislynn b/c all of her clothes were peed!
Thursday was pick up the flooring and hit the road! Pretty uneventful trip, till about an hour out of Ponton.
We could see a vehicle on the side of the road, adn sure enough, something was wrong. The van was fine, but the back wheel of the trailer they were hauling was lying about 5 feet from the trailer and tehre was a deep rivet in the shoulder. Something had snapped, adn they were stuck there. The man asked if it was safe to jsut leave the trailer, but they own a fishing/hunting camp north of Leaf Rapids and the trailer was full of frozen meat and groceries! They were travelling up to set out to camp for the summer. So the father came with us and left his wife, father, nephew and their 2.5 year adn 6 months old there. In Ponton he called for a trailer, but had no way to get his meat and groceries to Leaf after that. So guess what! I have a broken trailer with only one wheel in my driveway, and Dave's skidoo trailer (just an old back end of a truck) is sitting in Leaf until the end of June when will b ethe first time they come out of camp! But their meat and everything was not spoiled, I hope. He's hoping we hear from them again to exchange trailers!
Once we got home, we unpacked the truck, and the flooring. Friday I got the laundry caught up, adn a little bit done around the house, adn my scrapbooking stuff packed up. Dave started ripping the carpet out, and putting the flooring down. We were trying to get away for a date, but it didn't happen, adn then Mom and Dad decided to come up to help with the flooring and take care of Sarah. So Sat I headed out to my crop at 9 am, and Dave, Dad, and Andrew got the flooring going. I wasn't home all day, but eventually David got off from work too, so when I came home the flooring was laid up to the back room here! The rest is on order and we have some painting and stuff to do back here yet. I love it. It is so much better than carpet, and I got a good deal on it! Mom and Dad went home Sat night, adn Sunday I slept till 11. I should mention that Friday I realized my internet wasn't working and I thought I needed a new ethernet cable, so I wasn't online all weekend either. Today Barb called me and she had disconnected it to use her laptop, and maybe she had plugged it back into the wrong place. Sure enough. Anyway, I cropped all afternoon yesterday.
I wasn;t feeling well in the night last night, so I didn't get a lot accomplished. Today was also Dave's first day at Toromont Caterpillar. I think it went pretty well, eh seemed happy when he got home. So my hosue is in complete shambles, but I need to wash the walls etc, so it will take time.
Sarah went to the dr for a check up today, and the dr was so impressed with her, and providing she doesn't have any more episodes, he thinks she may be kicking the asthma already! I would be so happy. She gained 1.5 lbs while we were gone, adn looks like she has a little meat on her now. We won't talk about the 4 that I gained.
So much else going on. Starting to get really excited for Andrew's family to get here. They fly to Winnipeg a week from tommorow. June is so crazy for us. Beats being bored though!
Be happy!
Wednesday I went to Don's Photo to order our wedding pictures so I can actually put something on my wall and make a scrapbook. It's only 5 years later! Then we met Sara-Lynne (a friend from Snow Lake) and her fiance Dave for lunch. It was great to catch up adn I am looking forward to Sara-Lynne being back in the north. Also, I am doing the pictures at their wedding, so it was nice to see them together as a couple and get a feel for how they are together. After lunch I went back to Don's to do some more research on which camera I want to buy. I think I have settled on the Canon S3. They are coming out with an S5, but I think the S3 will be enough for me for now. Now just to wait to be able to afford it! LOL. Then it was time for my CT scan. It worked out best for me to go by myself, adn teh guys (Dave and Rocky, with Sarah of course) would pick me up after. Now, I hate IV's, so this was very hard for me. I cried and had trouble breathing while they were putting the IV in, and while I was sitting there waiting for my turn. It's completely psycological, but I hate them putting anything into my body. Then, jsut before my turn, a very old man with about 100 different things hanging off of him and the bed was wheeled into the CT room, adn I realized that I am healthy, adn that I was really lucky to be having this done, adn that if there was anything wrong with my brain, they would find it before it got out of hand. That helped to make me calm. I will find out the results in time I guess, but they didn't rush me into surgery or anything so I guess I must be ok! Wednesday night we visited my friend Denise. Her husband Dave and her oldest son Ryan were both at work, but we got to see the rest of the family. Sarah decided she couldn't bother to stop long enough to go to the bathroom so she peed ehrself about 5 times that night, and ppoped her pants once. Two of these incedents were in Salsbury House! SO that was an adventure. She came home with a new dress-a hand me down from Aislynn b/c all of her clothes were peed!
Thursday was pick up the flooring and hit the road! Pretty uneventful trip, till about an hour out of Ponton.
We could see a vehicle on the side of the road, adn sure enough, something was wrong. The van was fine, but the back wheel of the trailer they were hauling was lying about 5 feet from the trailer and tehre was a deep rivet in the shoulder. Something had snapped, adn they were stuck there. The man asked if it was safe to jsut leave the trailer, but they own a fishing/hunting camp north of Leaf Rapids and the trailer was full of frozen meat and groceries! They were travelling up to set out to camp for the summer. So the father came with us and left his wife, father, nephew and their 2.5 year adn 6 months old there. In Ponton he called for a trailer, but had no way to get his meat and groceries to Leaf after that. So guess what! I have a broken trailer with only one wheel in my driveway, and Dave's skidoo trailer (just an old back end of a truck) is sitting in Leaf until the end of June when will b ethe first time they come out of camp! But their meat and everything was not spoiled, I hope. He's hoping we hear from them again to exchange trailers!
Once we got home, we unpacked the truck, and the flooring. Friday I got the laundry caught up, adn a little bit done around the house, adn my scrapbooking stuff packed up. Dave started ripping the carpet out, and putting the flooring down. We were trying to get away for a date, but it didn't happen, adn then Mom and Dad decided to come up to help with the flooring and take care of Sarah. So Sat I headed out to my crop at 9 am, and Dave, Dad, and Andrew got the flooring going. I wasn't home all day, but eventually David got off from work too, so when I came home the flooring was laid up to the back room here! The rest is on order and we have some painting and stuff to do back here yet. I love it. It is so much better than carpet, and I got a good deal on it! Mom and Dad went home Sat night, adn Sunday I slept till 11. I should mention that Friday I realized my internet wasn't working and I thought I needed a new ethernet cable, so I wasn't online all weekend either. Today Barb called me and she had disconnected it to use her laptop, and maybe she had plugged it back into the wrong place. Sure enough. Anyway, I cropped all afternoon yesterday.
I wasn;t feeling well in the night last night, so I didn't get a lot accomplished. Today was also Dave's first day at Toromont Caterpillar. I think it went pretty well, eh seemed happy when he got home. So my hosue is in complete shambles, but I need to wash the walls etc, so it will take time.
Sarah went to the dr for a check up today, and the dr was so impressed with her, and providing she doesn't have any more episodes, he thinks she may be kicking the asthma already! I would be so happy. She gained 1.5 lbs while we were gone, adn looks like she has a little meat on her now. We won't talk about the 4 that I gained.
So much else going on. Starting to get really excited for Andrew's family to get here. They fly to Winnipeg a week from tommorow. June is so crazy for us. Beats being bored though!
Be happy!
3 comments:
Wow sounds like quite the adventure!!! Glad that Sarah's going better. Now it wouldn't be fun going to Winnipeg and NOT gaining weight. That means you had a good trip and enjoyed the food.
And breathe!!! Sounds like you guys had a blast...good to be home I bet :o) Glad to hear Sarah' doing better...great news!
I hope your results come back good Shanna, that'll make all the aggravation of the iv worth it. :)
I'm glad Sarah's doing better!
We'll have to make a trip up to see your new floor. :)
Post a Comment