What a slacker I have been when it comes to my blog. I have been spending less time on the computer. My mom was here for a few days and we had a great visit. We got the toy room all spiffeed up. Yes, I said spiffeed. I painted the celing, and Dave and David put the new laminate in. It was so good to get rid of the carpet, and I can't wait for the rest of it to be gone! Mom sewed curtains with Carebears, but then I went and bought a border to cover up all of the paint mistakes from the ceiling and it had very colorful bugs on it, so we bought new curtain material with bugs on it too! All that needs to be done now is the baseboards put on, and Dave started painting them last night. I will post pics when it is all done.
Last weekend we went to the Trade Show. Sarah loved it, adn I am a sucker for cotton candy and candy apples. Dave wanted to buy a quad and I wanted $2000 pots adn pans. What we bought was a fish. A male beta fish named Oswald. Oswald Sawh asked Sarah what the fishes name was before we even finished paying, so I asked her if she wanted to name the fish Oswald, adn she said YES! She can't say it properly, but that's his name. He sits on the top shelf of the entertainment centre, and she keeps getting it down somehow. I'll be darned if I can figure out how she is doing it.
Dave has got the garage cleaned out almost, and we have got the yard started for summer. The grass is starting to turn green. This weekend was miserable though, but we had the trade show, and it was National Scrapbook Day on Saturday and I participated in a couple of online crops. Dave wants to know why there is a National Scrapbook Day and not a National Skidoo Day. He didn't like my answer. LOL I will finally share some of my LO's on here. I want to start getting them on here. It's just so much computer time by the time I upload them to Love is in the Details and Scrapshotz too.
WE went to a social on Saturday night and the groom was from McCreary so Dave had a great time catching up with some people he knew from there. He had such a good time, he had this permanant goofy grin on his face. It was so nice to see. He is really looking forward to starting at Catapillar. Three more weeks!
Lots to look forward to in the next few weeks. Dave will be getting his last Inco bonus next Monday, adn it's over $17 an hour for every hour worked Jan Feb Mar. my cousin Andrew is flying in on Thursday and coming to Thompson on the bus that night, so he will get here about 7 on Friday morning. I am very excited to see him. David is taking him to Snow Lake Friday afternoon, but I can't go because the end of the season vollayball tourney is that weekend, and David and I can't both be gone. And it's Mother's Day, but we;ll see what Saturday night brings. Dave is off.
Whew, i guess I had a lot to say! If you are keeping up with my blog, please post a comment! We'd love to hear from you. I'll leave off with some pictures, if I can figure out how to get them on here again! lol.
4 comments:
Oswald is very handsome!!! Nice LO's also Shanna!!! I am looking forward to seeing your house pics.
I can't believe how much Sarah has grown and how much she looks like Hailey. There must be some strong Turnbull traits coming out in there somewhere :o) LOL!!
Love those layouts Shanna!!! Your work is ever-changing. :)
Shanna, your LOs are stunning! WOW!!!
Sounds like the small renos went well. I am anxious to see pictures.
Love the name Oswald. Very cute! Sarah is so darn adorable!
P.S. It's about time you update your blog - I've been checking in. ;o)
Post a Comment