It's been a while since the beginning of a new school year has meant much to me, except for buying Greg a few outfits for back to school. This year we did that, but now Sarah will be starting preschool next week, and yesterday I signed her up for Gymnastics! I am so excited for her to go, and it's a Parent and Me group so we (probably mostly me, since I used to coach) will be going with her and participating. I do wonder if she would behave better and learn more without me there, but I guess we'll see. It's a pretty basic class.
She is excited about starting preschool and I am pretty excited for her to go. It won't mean more time to myself since I will be babysitting and most of the time hauling 3 kids back and forth to get her, but it is walking distance, so I am hoping to walk.
So she needed some new outfits for school. I really haven't had to buy much clothes for her in her life b/c she has always gotten so many great hand me downs from Carli and Tessa, and my obsession for Garage Sales. I was about to give some money to a friend to pick some stuff up for her at Old Navy or Children's Place in Wpg, when another friend called and said she had 12 bins full of clothes for boys and girls size newborn to size 5 and did I want to go thru them?? Um, YES!!!!! So, 4 hours later, I came home with 1 garbage bag and one box full of stuff for Sarah, one box full of stuff for my friend Carlee's boys, and one garbage bag full of stuff for Andrew's kids! So she will have way too many clothes again, mostly hand me downs or garage sale stuff, with a few new things that I couldn't resist thrown in. My big girl.
2 comments:
Woohoo on the hand me downs!! Always a fan of those! And I LOVE Old Navy's close too :o) I can't believe Sarah's old enough for preschool....*sigh*....must mean I'm getting older...ugh :o)
It's great to have hand me downs. Especially when they grow so fast! Preschool? Is that every day? We don't have that here... well not in the French sections.
Post a Comment