Wednesday, April 25, 2007

ho hum

Just so y'all know, as I write this, I am exhausted. Couldn't sleep last night, and been having busy days. Mom came up from Snow Lake yesterday, and we just got the floor in the toy room replaced (goodbye carpet!) so all of the toys are in the living room. Mom told Andrew that I have more toys than Walmsrt-and I am not even going to bother to deny it. Tommorow is wash the walls and put in baseboards and one room will be doen! And I'll have my living room back.

Skidoo season is officially over, and it ended with a little disappointment for Dave-he had an appointment to test drive the '08 Skidoo sled, but some other guys wrecked the track on it and it wasn't repaired before his time, or before the snow left, so he didn't get to try it. Not that he was going to be buying one...............but apparently ya gotta try.

I have been very busy trying to pack up my scrapbook stuff so that we can start the renovations on this back room. I have sooooo much stuff though, adn I wanted to go thru it all before I packed it away. Getting rid of alot, selling it and stuff, so no more clutter of stuff I DON"T use. And I just got the new MM trimmer, and for anyone of you that is obsessed with cutting paper like I am, BUY IT> It is the cat's ASS!!! (can I say that on a blog??) I am keeping out my scraps and stamps and I am going to make a bunch of cards. Not a card making lover, but it's keeping me in the game.

Other than that, life is crazy as usual. Dave is quitting his job at Inco, adn will be starting with Toromont Caterpillar on May 28. He was really not happy with Inco, so I am hoping this change will be good. More chances to tranfer or get on with another division of Cat a while down the road if we decide to go that route. I am happy in Thompson right now, adn really sick of defending my decision to move here, but who knows what the future might bring.

In other news, my cousin Andrew, who lived with us when I was young, and was one of my closest friends, is trying to find a job in Snow Lake and moving his family there!!!!!!!! I am very excited. I have never met his children, and Miranda is 5 or 6. I hope it works out that they get to come. They have 3 little girls. How fun for Sarah!

Sarah is doing well with potty training, but she has caught a cold, adn with it being spring, she is having trouble breathing today. So tonight may be a long night too. Gotta keep such a close eye on her. I hate this asthma thing, I really do. Her asthma isn't really bad, but when it is acting up, I can hardly stand it. It breaks my heart. I hate that she has to deal with this. The kids come running into the yard whenever they see us pull up, and today I had to tell them Sarah couldn't come out because she was sick. I wish so hard she could have went out to play, but instead I am going to be sleeping with her in her very uncomfortable toddler bed praying she doens't have to go to emerg. I know that there are a lot worse things that we could have to deal with, and I give all of my deepest respect to those who deal with these things every day. YOu know who you are. But right now my baby is not well, adn I am asking you to say a little prayer for her to feel better. Thanks for "listening".
But better hit the hay now, I really am tired, adn hopefully I will be able to sleep tonight. It's already midnight. Sigh.
Here's hoping you and yours are healthy and happy.

6 comments:

Vanessa said...

aww hope she is feeling better.
gosh-you are busy right now!
lots going on!

Crystal's blog said...

Yes it is hard when our kids are so sick. I hope she gets well, it is a very scary thing. Get Well Soon SARAH!!!!

You shouldn't have to defend your move... I get that too from my in-laws. Well I am VERY happy here and it has made my life a lot better. I miss things about Snow Lake but I don't miss the people who like to stick their noses in everyone's business.

Glad you're doing some renos to your place... it will make you feel good too. I am hoping to paint my livingroom and the outside of my place.

As for Dave, hope he is happy with his new job. That will help too. Scott was miserable working at TVX... well towards the end. He LOVES his job here and he's made friends that he plays hockey with. He actually has a life!!! It makes me happy because it seemed like all he did was listen to what his parents thought was best for him... not what HE THOUGHT!!!

Anyways sounds like you're doing good... I am so glad!!! Send me before and after pics of your place. Take care!!!

Michelle said...

Hope Sarah feels better soon. Brooklyn is sick with a cold right now but luckily this time, her asthma hasn't kicked in.

I WISH I had a back to room to fill with scrap booking stuff!! Mine consists of a wheely cart and a wheely cabinet that I lug out to my kitchen table :p Still doesn't stop me from buying more though!! hahaha :o) Get some rest!!

Boo said...

Shanna, Sarah has asthma and that is serious stuff... no reason to say you shouldn't talk about it! I'd be worried too if I were you! We are alike... I sleep with the kids too when they are sick. I just need to be near them to make sure they are okay. That makes us great Moms!

That's too bad that your dh didn't like INCO. My Dad worked there (but in Sudbury) and never complained about it. Cat is suppose to be a good company to work for so dh should like it with them.

Have fun with your renos! It will keep you busy for a while!

Dari-Lynn said...

I hope Sarah is feeling better; sorry, I'm a little behind in my blog-reading.

Does Andrew have a wife who scrapbooks? Or one I can talk into joining us? LOL!

Chelsea said...

LOL Dari!

Shanna, you know that I can totally relate, and I for one know how scary it is to see them struggling... don't ever think that it isn't anything for a mom to be concerned about. It's our babies, and they are suffering and that is always going to hurt. Tayla's asthma is getting more controlled as she gets older, so I do believe that it is very possible that Sarah's will as well... just keep the faith!!!! Glad to hear the house is slowing coming along!!!!